1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best bang for the buck audio upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nodashi, Jun 17, 2021.

1. nodashi

nodashi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Im looking to upgrade my gen 2 non-jbl radio. Some songs sound muddy when any bass is introduced. I dont think the speakers can cover the audio spectrum very well. I dont really want to spend a lot of money. So im looking into what the best bang for the buck audio upgrade is. My budget is 300$ or less. I would love if someone could point me in the right direction otherwise ill just grab the speakers that crutchfield recommends. Thanks

2. Kristenbluefin

Kristenbluefin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same setup as you. I replaced with speakers from crutchfield, kept the original head unit. Honestly it leaves a lot to be desired. It definitely gets louder now. At volumes under 40 or so it sounds decent. Past 45 it sounds terrible to me and with the limited eq settings I can't find a way to make it sound better. I think it may be due to not enough power from the head unit.

3. rugger1218

rugger1218 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The power bass brand speakers I got are killer!

Made for fast east install. Specifically made for Toyota’s. I did all 4 in an hour. Cost me $220 for all 4 on eBay.

super happy and I have high standards for audio

burrito likes this.
  4. koco

koco Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That Power Bass kit looks good for someone who doesn't want to spend all day setting up adapter plates and wiring.