1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best/cheapest steeringwheel remote interface (for JVC)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by R-P, Sep 13, 2013.

1. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So, does anyone have experience?

I recently visited the USA, but totally forgot to walk into a car-parts store...:cry:
    (Still need these Camry connectors for the trailer hitch, a steeringwheel remote (e.g. (1) or (2) ) and a 2din frame if I cannot reuse an old plastic cabinet of a speaker that might just be the right size to fill the gaps on either side of the 2din unit)

I did get a credit card for the USA trip, so I can finally actually order stuff now :)

I'm asking because the parts are hardly available here, and if they are , they are insanely expensive (e.g. steeringwheel remote would be official JVC and cost about the same as my secondhand 2DIN 7" bluetooth headunit :eek: )

2. Flyte

Flyte New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't post a link yet, but search on eBay for "axxess metra aswc-1" and you should find some sold by US sellers who ship internationally.

Its use in a Prius w/JBL is covered in this guy's video:

bisco likes this.
  3. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks. The original post is 5 years old, but since I never throw anything out, I am still using the same car and headunit ;) So still relevant!

bisco likes this.