1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best iphone/ipod option for USB control ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Prius Pat, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Prius Pat

Prius Pat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 early gen III Prius V with nav system but no USB. I am currently plugging my iPod into the Aux port and it works. However, I'd like to be able to see the songs/playlists on the nav screen and use the steering wheel controls. I have looked thru the threads re: iPod kits, but am not sure which one to get. Also, I am not that "techy" so am likely to get one that can be installed by someone. Any suggestions?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I also have an early 2010 V (before USB connector became standard w/ nav). When the USB connector became available as a dealer installed accessory, I was about to have it installed, but after reading about the significant limitations (do a search if interested), I decided to pass.

I use my iPhone w/ BT audio streaming, which works well. Artist/album/track info is displayed on the nav screen, and you can pause/play and skip tracks forward/backward using the steering wheel buttons and nav screen. Music starts playing where it stopped. Not a perfect solution (need to use iPhone for most music player navigation), but it works fine for me--give it a try.