1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best mpg display -2010 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bobsprius, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a question about the BEST MPG DISPLAY.
    I noticed it really has not changed. It seems to show 47.2 MPG as the best MPG. Is this something you should be resetting all the time, or does it average over time? I have to admit I didn't pull out the manual today to look, but since most GEN III folks are gadgety as me, I wonder if you have any information on this and am I doing something wrong? I have reset once the B trip odometer. I only rest A, B and Best once. I typically only reset "A" trip odometer at fillup time, and hope to now keep "B" as a running total.

It just seems that the BEST MPG has not changed after an additional few hundred miles, and wondered if I am doing anything wrong or should be doing something to have that accurate? It looks like on one graph is was about 60 MPG, but the BEST MPG still shows 47.2???

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    no, it goes by when you reset it. for me, i reset trip B randomly. but trip A is used to track tank mileage so its only reset when i get gas. odometer does not track MPG's just distance. unfortunately, Trip B does not go high enough to track you very long

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The "BEST" mileage doesn't automatically reset, you can reset it by holding in the trip button when the history display is called up. I just leave mine as is and let it update when I get a better trip mileage record. When you reset Trip A or Trip B and the mileage on the one you reset is better than what's in Best then you will get that as your new best. When you reset one of the Trips and it's less than what's in Best it just goes in line and moves the oldest one off to the left.

At least that's how I think it works. :thumb: