1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best options for adding Bluetooth audio?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by justice sommer, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Soujiro13

Soujiro13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Depends on your budget, I would look into a aftermarket receiver with bluetooth function, and you would need to get the steering wheel adapter harness if you wanted to keep your steering wheel controls. Getting an aftermarket unit also opens up the ability for a headhunt with an EQ.

#21 Soujiro13, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2018
  2. zybrkat

zybrkat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I was in the same dilemma when I bought my 2011 Prius because of it's low mileage although NO BLUETOOTH.

A neat & cheap (80€) solution is a YAGEO CD-Changer Simulator that plugs on to the back of the standard radio and the cable is long enough to fit the extension box in the upper glove compartment or on the lower console.
    The extension box will take micro-SDs, AUX and USB.
    The downside is that you're limited to Folders called CD00 ~ CD99 with upto 99 Titles each. On USB and SD card.
    Upside is the steering controls work as expected.

It works OK, but I wanted more, so I got myself a 300€ Android 2 DIN "Radio" cost of necessary adapters was ca. 60€.
    If you don't like fiddling around but just want your car radio to have Bluetooth connectivity, go with the first option!

Otherwise the android option is amazing value for money, if you compare the features.

BND-L21 ?