1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best phone mount

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by robomoto, Feb 6, 2019.

1. robomoto

robomoto Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Today I figured out a way to mount my phone right where I want, right in the center of the dash control panel. It's a bit of a home brew hack LOL, but it works. I just used a decently thick roll of wire to fabricate something that fits through the buttons on the console and holds the phone in place. I find that this is the best location to mount the phone because of the decent visibility when driving and you can tap your phone while you have your right hand over the shift knob, which make the phone operation more intuitive, faster, and thus safer. No other mounting system seems to work for me. I also use one of these magnetic usb charging cables to quick-connect the charging cable to my phone while driving to create a dream combination.

Here are the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is just a prototype and I can make more improvements to the design to make it stronger. Below are the pics that shows how to make it yourself. You need to start out with a long piece of wire and fold it in multiple sections to create the right shape. It takes a bit of creativity, trial and error to make it snugly fit your phone and fit between the button gaps. Unfortunately I don't know what gauge the wire is because it was lying around my house. It's funny that it just so happened to be the right thickness to fit between the buttons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 robomoto, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Yazoo likes this.