1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Prius Color?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Newman

Newman New Member

Ha!

Sounds like you would prefer a prius with a seat, steering
    wheel, brake and gas pedal, and nothing more if you had
    your choice!

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

No If I had and endless amount of money I would go with Package #8 with the navigation system@ B)

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah, we got the front covers months ago and just recently got the rear covers. very nice, but like i said, pricey.

if you like the darker color, i'd go for it. all the mud and stuff associated with WI snow will definitely show up on the tan color.

4. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My priority would be to get the safety features... side air bags and VSC. I think that would put me at a minimum of a package #4... and that was exactly what I planned to get for my daughter.

My next priority would be Navigation... because I already have it, and I will never get another car without it.

My next priority is leather seats... for the same reason as the nav.

This puts me in a #8 for myself.

Personally, I care little about the backup camera, SKS, and 6 CD changer... but it doesnt matter because I get those anyway. The do add a bit of techno-sex-appeal to the car... but I do not think they offer anything that is absolutely critical for me. While I do not care about the CD changer... I really want the satellite (XM or Sirius) radio upgrade when available, and I also like the option of connecting my ipod. Of those two... the satelite radio is more important than the Ipod. I do not particularly like wires running around the cockpit.

In any case... I got a #8 for my daughter (it was under the Christmas tree this morning).... and another #8 for myself. The only reason that I upgraded to a #8 for my daughter was because that is what I could get in time for Christmas... and besides... the holidays put me in a generous mood.

In terms of color... I primarily care about how well the car hides dirt. I would think the priority (increasing) would be:

Black, Red, White, Seaside blue, Mica, Driftwood, and Silver. My daughter's is Drifwood... and my order is for Silver.

/Jim

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea.. its kinda funny all the things we have gotten used to..... there are a few things that would drastically change our lives if we didnt' have them.. like a refregeratror, a toilet in the house.. running water, some type of phone, some type of car, etc....

But there are other items we do just fine without until we get used to them, then we "think" we would die without them, but in reality many of the things we have are such distractions against the family that we live in every world besides our own.
    Some examples may be television, computers, blackberry's, pda's, gameboys', playstation etc etc.... and many of the cool items in the prius are totally not necessary and if you don't have them, you don't miss them, but if you do have them you do miss them when they're gone!

Right now I don't miss my rocket laucher for my morning commute, but once I finally get mine I'm sure I won't be able to live without it! :lol: