1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Rebuilt Manufacturer: GreenTec Auto!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alex Wilsey, Dec 5, 2021.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Viscosity of electrolyte would prevent that from being an issue...

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope and never have been. Everything is new except for the vent hoses, the control electronics bay, and a couple of reusable items that you transfer over to the new assembly. All the important components such as modules, bus bar, and harnesses are completely brand new and pre-assembled in a new case.

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That is good to know but hard to believe that they continue to manufacture parts for nearly 20 year old car design, unless those parts are identical to newer model parts. For how much longer?
    Oh well, I really don't expect to be using my car more than five more years and if I need a new battery before then, probably would go with GreenTec anyway.

4. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    NiMH was first commercially available in the late 80's so in truth your Prius is powered with near 40 year old battery technology. If you want the latest most advanced battery chemistry for your Prius buy a project lithium pack. The improvement in overall performance is very noticeable.

5. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wasn’t taking about the battery chemistry, just the overall assembly. I’d love to have a nationwide source for a lithium battery rather than chancing a single source supplier. For the present it’s either OEM or GreenTec for me. Piece of mind. Happily I don’t need either, yet.

6. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll always support a single source supplier over a corporate entity trying to establish a monopoly. The greater the abundance & diversity of small businesses the better our economy and society will become.

7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not necessarily. It all comes down the ethnics and morality of the people at the helm and far as I can tell moral corruption can be in any entity whether that be a one-person band or a large corporate.

Don't let your personal bias inform your decision making.

If you look for the good in everyone you will find it most of the time. If you look for the bad you will find that most of the time, too.

PriusCamper likes this.
  8. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea... If I lived in New Zealand I'd agree with you. Your country is better than most any other at keeping corporations in check, so it'd make sense that small business can get away with more corruption there. But in the US corporations have almost no limits when it comes to destroying society to turn a profit and the small independent businesses are usually the only place you find people with honesty and integrity in this country.

Gen2fan likes this.
  9. Mr. F

Mr. F Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Remember the small business PriusOverlanding? Or Gasket Masters?

#29 Mr. F, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  10. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes... If I could rephrase that I'd say: "...small independent businesses are usually the best place to find people with honesty and integrity and because of that their business might grow quickly and those are the best people to deal with. Whereas once a business gets too big you're dealing with quarterly profits over quality and personal communication.

11. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you know gasket masters expanded to a Southern California location?

Assumptions are made and most assumptions are wrong - Albert Einstein