1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Roof Rack System for 2006 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Ray66, May 27, 2010.

1. XC2007

XC2007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I asked several car shops to install roof rails on my Prius. I pulled rails off a Ford van since they matched my Taurus wagon. I planned using my adapters and Yak load bars just like on the Taurus. The shops all refused the work, concerned about air bags and drilling into unknown structures. So, I bought new Saris load bars from eBay and got the clips from a local bike shop.

With the Saris bars I can carry the tandem or 2 singles. A roof cargo carrier fits, too, because I have the shark-fin antenna. I put 8-mil surface guard tape on the roof at the foot and clamp areas. The rubber door molding is not affected. If I'm alone, the single bike goes inside.

2. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a clear contact peal and stick (film) protector out there. Invisashield i beleive is the name. I also have a 57, and 03 tbirds, and its used under the hard top seals to protect the show finish on the bodies from shafing while driving with our hard tops on. They come off easiely at car shows. Not allowed to be judged at shows with protective film on..

3. Eric Nothman

Eric Nothman Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Can you provide the name of the local bike shop that had the Saris #20 clips for the Prius? I am having a challenge finding those clips.

4. sgort2

sgort2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Where did you get your 2" hitch?

5. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If that's a struggle, contact Saris directly. They are a small local business here in Madison, WI with customer service guys who have direct access to the gear and, in fact, are about 30 feet away from the factory floor.

My wife used to be the exec assistant to the CEO.