1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best roof rack to add to 2012 Prius Three for Kayak

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pinkkitty724, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The less permanent options are also somewhat less secure, not adjustable fore/aft and much more bulky.

There are plenty of holes in cars already, it's a matter of having them installed correctly.

It's not a big deal if you go a different route, just letting you know your options.

2. Wht Prius

Wht Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How much did it cost, and you have to drill your own holes to mount it, right?

3. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I paid $100 or so at http://www.rackandroad.com.

They do all the drilling and installing. Meticulously measure and use the sealant etc.

4. pinkkitty724

pinkkitty724 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I could always take a trip to Orlando and stop at Disney. It's just 7 hours ;)

ewxlt66 likes this.
  5. luminairefoto

luminairefoto New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'm looking at buying a 13' Hobie, but the sales associate was really concerned about me putting this on my cars roof. He said it was a really bad idea. I've seen so many kayaks on smaller cars, so I'm curious how did yours end up working out for you?

6. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've used Yakima for 25 years or so. When I get a new car I can get new attachment hardware and keep using all the other stuff. I've got a different car than you - 2013 Prius V. I have the closed cargo carrier which I have been using a lot lately, bike racks and kayak rack. I made a little video of attaching the cargo carrier - just for fun.

funkright likes this.