1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Tire Shop in Chicago area. Good used tires installed for $25 cash.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AllenZ, Oct 21, 2013.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I found this shop on Craigslist, and actually went there replacing two used tires today. You will not believe it: Two used tires with 70% thread left, installed, for $25 each. Most mechanic shop charge more than $25 just for installation.

They sell new, brand name tires, and aluminum wheels as well, with warranty. I did not inquire about it in detail, but I think based on their low cost low margin business model, you should be able to get great price as well on new tire and wheels.

The owner is a young guy at 27 to 30 age. He looks like very honest, and service is great. I went there early today, got two tires installed in less than 30 minutes. He said he hires 3 people. Weekend will be very busy. He said they get those tires from a whole seller. Not all tires are good, that's why they check each one of them carefully.

I went to Costco weeks ago, their min price on tire is $99 each I believe, before tax, disposal fee. Most of tires for Prius is at $120-150 level. You pretty much will fork out $550 - 650 easily for the whole set. Personally I have good confidence on used tires, and bought 4 in past 50K miles. I do check them regularly and monitor the pressure. I think it is the way to go if you can find a reliable shop like this.

Here is the contact info if you are interested:
    ========================
    13' 14'' 15'' used tires for
    $25 or stop by
    aztek tires
    370 e irving park rd
    wood dale il 60191
    630-595-3370
    we fix flats
    ========================

There is another shop charge only $15 each used tire installed! I have not seen them but here is the contact info from craigslist:
    ========================================
    quick service on rand rd in desplaines
    1500 rand rd next to the bp gas station
    has used tires for 15.00 each
    that's right if i have them in stock there only 15.00 installed
    at least 50% tread on all the tires!!!!

contact ramon at 847-768-7010
    ========================================

If you live in other states, do check craigslist. Just search for anything like 185/65/15, and you will find most of those shops list their price as $1.

Hope this info helps. Please let me know your good experience, or mishaps, and suggestions.

edthefox5 likes this.
  2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good stuff.
    Ridiculous price of $25 installed. Awesome.