1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Tires for Mostly Highway Driving

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Linda L, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Linda L

Linda L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    It's time for me to get new tires on my 2002. I have been running Hankook Optimo H724 P185/65 R14 and have been generally happy with them, but wonder if something out there is a better choice considering probably at least 90% of my miles are highway (rural West Texas). I did search the archives but didn't see a specific tire recommended for highway driving.

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The all season Michelin energy saver has the traction to deal with deep water and is your best bet for mpg's
    Expensive, great ride, safe at speed, running the Bridgestone energy saver model presently and the noise is getting to be a concern, longevity also, and the Michelin gives better mpg's.

3. Nibras Yousaf

Nibras Yousaf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Michelin Defender on 2001 and 2010. 2001 with defenders is doing well but 2010 is very loud and not giving omg over 42.5.
    I had Ecopia,s and had them replaced with defender. Epoch was surely quite but mpg was around 40-42. My old Integrity actiully gave me 50 mpg plus but they were very very loud.