1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Toyota 17" wheels for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by beavis87, Dec 11, 2017.

1. beavis87

beavis87 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking at a 2013 Prius Five for a good deal but it has the ugliest chrome wheels on it. I am wondering what Toyota 17" wheels look good, are cheap and are lightweight that I can get through the dealership I buying the car from. Some of the options I am looking at are the OEM 17", CT200h 17", Lexus IS 17", Lexus ES 17", Lexus NX 17", FR-S/86 17", Performance Plus 17", Corolla 17", Camry 17" or Avalon 17" wheels. Will they all have the same bolt pattern and offset. The tires mounted on it are P215/45R17.

Also, has anyone had luck with a dealership giving them a good deal on a car or wheels if you purchase both at the same time?

2. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. beavis87

beavis87 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. freedom1725

freedom1725 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    FRS 17” will need hub caps, spacer and aftermarket lugs for sure. I heard that latest Corolla S 17” are direct plug n play. CT-200h 17” must be direct plug n play. I believe the CTs are the lightest as well.

5. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    many times aftermarket parts and wheels and stuff can be better then OEM. Just cause its aftermarket doesnt mean its bad quality. So i wouldnt worry really. The seller of the wheels from KennyGS link seems to have good feedback also, personally i like the TRD prius wheels more tho. 2010-2015 Toyota Prius Plus TRD Split Spoke 17 inch Alloy Wheel | eBay

The tires u say u got should go right on the one i linked here atleast, most normal toyota and lexus sedans and hatchbacks (atleast from my experience) got pretty much the same bolt pattern and center circle and all that... just different offset, u can put 2003 Celica rims on the prius for example. if the bolt pattern is 5x100, offset is around original (even tho u got a fair bit of headroom for negativ or positive offset) and the center bore is the same or bigger then oem (if they r bigger then use spacers to fill the gap) then u can put on whatever wheels ud like. If i were u i would buy the car first with the wheels it comes with then find some other rims after its bought. Thats what i did with mine.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The OEM 3rd gen rims are about 24 lbs apiece. I like the look tho, it's what we have.