1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best way to replace bumper turn signal?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by PreusV, Aug 7, 2017.

1. PreusV

PreusV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just bought a 2013 Prius V 5 with 96,xxx miles with a cracked front passenger turn signal. The dealer gave me the light but refused to install it. What is the best way to install the new turn signal? The three methods I see are:

1. Lift car and go through button of front bumper
    2. Remove bumper cover
    3. Remove passenger front wheel and splash guard

Which is correct option?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Don't have the v, but would think option #1 is simplest. Typo: "button" should read "bottom" I assume.

On ours, best bet actually involves both the black plastic directly under the front bumper corner, and removing a few of the clips on the the wheel well liner, partially pulling it down. There are bolts connecting the two plastic under pieces, but they are rusted solid crap.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1 and 2. Raise the front end, remove lower splash guard bolts and fasteners on the front, no need to remove the bolts and fasteners on the rear of the splash guard, and release clips near the front fenders on the bumper cover. Remove the fasteners on the two corner undercarriage covers below the turn signal assemblies on each side. No need to remove the top fasteners on the bumper cover near the radiator. You can then go through the bottom and swing the bottom of the bumper cover away from the bumper for more room and easier access to the mounting bolts, etc holding the turn signal assembly on the vehicle.

#3 xliderider, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017