1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Better Documentation?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by testyoldguy, Dec 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. testyoldguy

testyoldguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Is there any better, more accurate documentation for my 2012 v Level 5? I've found multiple errors
    in the owner's manual; it clearly looks like it was written by an attorney rather than a tech writer.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless you’re thinking the technical New Car a Feature (which is available via subscription to Toyota TechInfo. Just buy a 2-day pass), not really.

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As @Tideland Prius kindly notes, you may find the New Car Features book, published electronically as part of the service documentation (more info), useful as a technical reference.

Toyota did publish a 29-page Quick Reference Guide (PDF), but as far as I know, there aren’t any other versions of the Owner’s Manual that would be much different from the one you have: the editions for the Prius α and Prius+ (in Japan and Europe, respectively) are similar in content and format to those for the Prius v.
    Some of that is required by regulations—the explanation of the event data recorder, for example, comes directly from 49 CFR § 563.11, and the long, sad story about tires is required by 49 CFR § 575.6(a)(4)—but I’m sure Toyota’s lawyers do have substantial input, especially in view of manufacturers’ duty to warn under product liability law. If you’re a fan of the genre and read Japanese, I suggest 必ず守っていただきたいこと (PDF), Toyota’s illustrated, 91-page cars-are-scary book for the Japanese market.

Tideland Prius likes this.