1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Better Handling? Corolla vs Touring Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ibmindless, May 30, 2008.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool, but your on a Prius forum now? :confused:

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Alignment being within spec says nothing. You could have positive camber on one or wheels and still be within spec but it would feel like it was going to lose control in the slightest turn.

If the alignment shop you took it to doesn't know what optimal is for the Prius, you need to take it to someone who does. Your run of the mill place is not going to know how to set up the alignment on the Prius specifically.

Also, since it was pulling early one with so few miles, makes me suspect that you had a loose or damaged suspension component.

3. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Personally.. I think alot of this is like color or model.. personal taste. I've driven the last model Corolla because I liked the design and was wonderfully unimpressed. It felt very bland to me.. The Prius may not be much better, but I guess I just wasn't looking for handling in the Prius; I'm far more obsessed with the MPGs. Having said that, I certainly don't feel it's any worse than the Corolla. Toyota isn't known for excitement behind the wheel after all. It's known for quality and value.

4. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Would the Prius' longer wheelbase and wider track having to run on skinnier tires make a difference? I looked up the tire sizes for standard 15" 2008 Corolla tires vs. 16" 2008 Prius Touring. Overall the tires are the same height but the Corolla's are a half inch wider.

5. Lexus_Prius

Lexus_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid