1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Better Sound System for 2017 Four under $500 or $1000 installed?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Priifan, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Priifan

Priifan Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The factory sound system in my 2017 Four stinks...saying it nicely. Any suggestion for upgrades for $500. or $1000. including labor? I prefer instrumental music (film scores) and don't need killer bass. Midrange is critical. Please don't tell me to DIY as just looking at a removed door panel gives most of us women (and men as well) heart failure. If manufacturers would spend an extra $100., I am certain the sound would be outstanding. What a pity!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    someone else just replaced the front door speakers with jbl for $90. after talking with a crutch field advisor, and said it made a huge difference with his classical music.

krmcg likes this.
  3. Priifan

Priifan Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks! I will look into it. I like the easy part! (Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!)

4. Priifan

Priifan Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just ordered two pair of Rockford Fosgate Prime R165X3 for the front and rear doors of my 2017 Four. Advisor at Crutchfield (Bernie) was great and said they should be good for instrumental music. Will let you know how they sound once I get them installed within the next month. Price was 40US per pair with free shipping. Excited!

5. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Think about having a pro do a bit of door, ceiling and floor dampening, or, as you are in the doors, get some, from Crutchfields, it as well as the speakers, come with directions and tools.