1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BG hybrid repair kit question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Burningoil, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Burningoil

Burningoil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I forgot to do liquimoly flush but it’s not smoking anymore while idling in maintenance mode. So I think it’s not burning as much oil. I guess it’s not head gasket. I drove about 80 miles so far no more smoke but it looks like it never got it’s transmission fluid change during its 170k life. Gotta do that next

mikey_t likes this.
  2. Burningoil

Burningoil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I forgot to do liquimoly flush but it’s not smoking anymore while idling in maintenance mode. So I think it’s not burning as much oil. I guess it’s not head gasket. I drove about 80 miles so far no more smoke but it looks like it never got it’s transmission fluid change during its 170k life. Gotta do that next

3. Burningoil

Burningoil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

4. Burningoil

Burningoil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

5. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you already did the BG repair-kit. No need to do liquimoly engine flush because the first method/bottle in BG repair kit is already an engine flush.

mikey_t likes this.
  6. Paladain55

Paladain55 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's a lot to say but try a piston ring soak. A lot of the damage will be permanent damage of course, but the piston ring soak will loosen the rings a bit and reduce oil consumption just a bit by adding some ring seal back that it can (rings and cylinder walls will be worn of course and we can't do anything about that unless you want to try glazing the cylinder walls with one of those teflon additives to fill those wear spots in lol which is not guaranteed at all). Do the pcv valve cleaning or replace it, clean your egr system entirely, and add a catch can that is vacuum assisted or just swap the system over to vent to atmosphere and get rid of the oil in your intake forever.
    How much oil is the car consuming in miles/quart for you to be complaining? For how clean your intake valves and cooler looked compared to mine you shouldn't be all that bad.
    As far as I'm concerned BG is just repackaging a liquid they probably cost out at about $5/can including the packaging and shipping to you guys at a crazy high price so they can make some money. Its probably no different than just adding ethanol in and allowing it to dissolve the carbon for a couple dollars.