1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Big trouble! Is mouse-proofing the Prime / Gen 4? different?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Shameless, Aug 24, 2020.

1. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Cook’em up right and they are tasty. ;)

jerrymildred likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I have now officially joined the "mouse club".

More on Mice... Prius Prime | PriusChat

I have tried three different mouse repellents, Mouse Magic, Fresh Cab, and TomCat, but none seems to be very effective in deterring mice to re-enter the engine compartment. I just ordered an ultrasonic electronic mice repellent device. I am not very optimistic about its effectiveness, but I can't find any other option other than not parking my car where it usually parks.

I have screened off the rear side panel (R and L) vents and the top of the cabin filter (not at the large opening under the wiper cowl). My biggest question is, without closing the large opening under the wiper cowl, is there any opening where mice can enter the cabin in between the cowl to the filter if the top of the cabin screen housing is screened?

But sounds like, there are other possible entry points as well. I did not see the small circular vent at bottom of the trunk... so that's not protected. Can it be screened from the underbody? I did not know about the 2x3 opening on the front wheel well either. That seems to be a lot of work too but still has no effect on the engine compartment.