1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bigger wheels on gen III prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ridegsxr714, Jul 18, 2009.

1. pinzvidz

pinzvidz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pfftttt... for those in Australia wanting the OEM 17" wheels, they can be ordered from TMC Japan thru TMCA, but be prepared to pay $1000 AUD each for them!

What a joke!

2. jazzy_james

jazzy_james Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I love your setup in both rims and tint. Can I ask how dark your tint is? Did you get all 10 windows done (except the windshield of course)? I'm thinking about doing 30 tint for all windows.

3. Wifey2njchpd

Wifey2njchpd My other car is.... out of gas

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The fronts are 35% & the two rear doors are 18%. However, I wanted them all the 35%. So we are taking it back new week to have the 2 rear windows re-done. The hatch and the bottom rear panel window was also done. They forgot to tint the two tiny windows up front. So, they will do those also. Everything is tinted except those 2 tiny windows in the front. ;-)

4. venom700

venom700 Just call me Brian...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any update on MPG differences? I actually had picked out the same rims to go on my Blizzard Pearl, but am looking at these tires to go with them:

Continental ContiExtremeContact

5. Wifey2njchpd

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Venom: Well, today is only my 3rd day driving the car. My husband has driven since we bought it on 08/25. So, actually I'm just figuring out how to read the displays. I'll start keeping track more now that I'm getting pretty comfy with the car.

I know we will NEVER be true hyper-milers. So my goal is to be high 40's and maybe low 50's. (only when I drive it) My husband seems to be addicted to power mode. So between the 18" wheels & power mode, we'll be happy to double our mileage from my previous Mazda 3. (24 mpg)

If you're planning on getting the 18's. I suggest you really pay attention to the width of the Continental tires. My fronts tires only slightly stick out past the wheel well. Very slightly. (8.7" width)
    The road noise has definitely increased, but I like the grip and feel much better than the 15's. The car feels really planted to the street now.

Yep, I too was sold on these wheels when I saw them on blizzard white. Can you say....HOT!! ;-)

6. venom700

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Attached Files:

7. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice pics! :) Congrats on the wheels! Glad I could help.

8. Wifey2njchpd

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  9. venom700

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I like those as well, especially in this color combo as attached. But...I have a similar style of rims on my BMW where there are the "bolts" on the lip area & that would be impossible to keep clean on a daily driver.

Attached Files:

10. Wifey2njchpd

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree I like that color best. Yeah, I was thinking about those murderous rivets. Hence, the reason I leaned towards the SP 10. I know first hand about those rivets as the wheels on my G37 have them. GRRRHHHH..... I literally take Q-tips to clean those things at times.

11. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I like what you have selected for 17 inch rims. Perhaps I could have saved a few thousand by purchasing a IV or III.

12. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am not sure what is going on in your situation but that hit seems extraordinary. I have seen about 3 mpg hit so far with 17 inch 17 lb wheels and Michelin tires.