1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bike Rack for Rear or otherwise?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Dan Y, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Dan Y

Dan Y Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    What recommendations for bicycle racks do people have for Gen 4 Priuses? Mine is actually a 2022, brand new. I had a Thule Passage 2 rear-mounted bike rack lying around but the manual says that it doesn't fit Priuses from 2016-2019 because "Carrier is not recommended because top straps should not be mounted directly to glass or plastic trim covering glass" -- I assume 2022 is the same, not big changes I think in this model. Thanks! Dan

2. thew

thew New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I had the same question after buying a 2020 this summer. Saris's two-bike racks seem to be the only rear-mounted carriers that work.

I ended up going with the OEM roof rack since I can use it for canoes/kayaks too. Others recommended a hitch rack--more hassle and $$ to set up but easy once you have it.

3. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I did the OEM roof rack. Many bikes are just too expensive to chance being rear-ended. Considering that some bikes are also back-ordered or sold out through the beginning of 2023, they are too tough to even get to replace one that gets hit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doug McC likes this.
  4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you have a lot of money wrapped up in a really crazy nice bike, put it on the roof.

If you don't, get a 1upusa bike rack and install a 1-1/4" hitch receiver. Best setup ever for a hitch carry, very high quality and usa-made.