1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bike Rack for the Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Lacy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Lacy

Lacy New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm looking for a lightweight rack that somehow hooks into the trunk lid of the car. I'm leasing, so don't want to do any permanent alterations.

2. TeslaPrime

TeslaPrime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    interested also

3. Jerzone

Jerzone New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought this hitch and had the local Toyota dealer install it:

It was a really, really tight fit at one point they weren't sure they could do it without the bumper plastic not staying joined. But they kept at it and it hasn't had any problems. Installed a Saris hitch rack.

Attached Files:

4. brandon lawrence

brandon lawrence Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Check out Seasucker for something very non-permanent that you can take to another car, and be able to hold your bikes with confidence. Very pricey compared to a dept store trunk mount, but compared to semi-permanent roof racks, or having a hitch installed this is pretty affordable.

I'm new to this forum, so I can't post the link, but a simple google search should yield some results as well as reviews.

I was pretty skeptical at first, but I've been using their three bike holder all spring for road/cross bikes and its great!