1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bike rack problem

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by EV Happy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. EV Happy

EV Happy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Loaded bikes on a new hitch-mounted bike rack. When I put it in reverse it set off all the sensors and I get the big red brake light when I tried to back out of the garage. Finally got it out by feathering the brakes and going slow. I called the local Prius shop and they said they could turn off the sensors but would not be able to turn them back on after that. It worked fine going forward so the biking trip came off ok.. Just had to be patient backing up ever so slowly. I did get 57 mpg while returning home after using up all my traction battery going out to the new trail. Any thoughts?

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I thought the driver's safety aids can be turned off. Is it just some of them?

If the location of the sensors are known, maybe the bikes can be placed to not block them.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you try disabling the PCS and/or Parking Support Brake function. I am not sure if PCS works on the reverse. I don't have the rear sensors on my PRIME, so I am not sure which function is using them.

upload_2020-11-16_22-52-59.png

john1701a and Trollbait like this.
  4. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I might have been saved an embarrassing at fault rear ender by the FRONT PCS, so I'd want that one to stay on. Backing up I'd like to stay in control.

Will be getting rear hitch mounted bike racks shortly, too. Nice to at least know what issue might be.