1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bill M vs. maggie: 2005 Avatar VOTE here

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Dec 21, 2005.

?
  1. 1. Bill Merchant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2. maggieddd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Bill Merchant, I would like to congratulate you, you are the winner in my eyes. You didn't even have to say a word and got so many votes that I am amazed.
    I also wanted to apologize for setting a trend to use your face in our funny photoshop creations. I wish you had said something sooner but be assured I will not play with your face again. I hope you understand that I meant no harm to you.

Also, thank you everyone for voting for my avatar. I am sad it is over. It's been very entertaining.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Bill, I would like to thank you for letting me nominate you as Pres...I always appreciate your humor and your posts!

And Maggie, I hope you know I respect you and in no way wanted to demean your reputation but I figured it was my political responsiblity and duty to lead the cause by doing good campaining with the proper balance of sly brown-nosing mixed with mudslinging, namecalling, a slight bit of slander, and mostly bringing into question your good reputation!

I had hoped I would had done a better job, but politics is not my bag and it looks like following in the path of the experts by resorting to low down nasty tactics did not pay off.....

I guess Bill will have to hire someone else next time.... I'm not very good at this.

So I hope you know it was all mean't in gest and I hope all is well now that the election is over, and that we can go back to being buddies? :wub:

P.S. I know I left you speechless didn't I?
    Just don't appear too excited about the buddy part.. Bill sometimes gets jealous if someone else gets too much attention!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

you will of course need a Terms of Agreement written up so as not to have any questions or concerns about how your likeness will be handled in the future. i know a good lawyer who can help you out for under a quarter mil...(just barely under)

of course, if you make more than 10 million a year, you will be able to write off all that as misc tax credit...

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Way to go Bill and Maggie!!!! It was a close call.

That was fun. What do we do now? Jack, give us a new game to play.....

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    and speaking of humor at the expense of cheney...

[attachmentid=1550]

ANYWAY
    way to go maggie and Bill, especially Bill for his good sense of humor about the whole thing. he deserves a priuschat t shirt and a pat on the back, and someone out there in the area please buy him a beer or something on behalf of all of us. :)

you're both priuschat celebrities!

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    galaxee, that B/B knockoff is a HOOT! Where'd you find it? Gotta gotta get one.

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I've had more than my 15 minutes! Actually, I was thinking of something to do with New Year's resolutions, but someone beat me to it.

Anyway, it's noon here, and I need to go out and start my Xmas shopping. :eek: We're having a warm spell (low 60's, warm rain), so it's a little hard to get in the mood.

Maybe something will percolate in my brain tomorrow after we clean up all the torn-up wrapping paper. We do have a little stretch run 'til Jan 2 yet.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  9. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

Congrats, Bill & Maggie!!!

Bill, you're still a winner, especially for being such a gentleman over the Prius Chick photos. Not only should you get a PC shirt... but also a "My face was used without my permission on a bunch of Photoshopped pics, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirt!! Plus, I think you should demand a re-count. I was trying to vote for you, but I clicked the button next to Maggie's name by mistake.

:blink:

Jack06, thanks for such a fun couple o' weeks. This contest has me thinking up all sorts of ideas.....

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OK will do, Jan 14 we have a meetup

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Go for it, Brian. I need a rest. Just started my Xmas shopping at noon today. Even sneaked by my dealer to see what was up. '06s stacking like cordwood: 3 whites, red, silver, driftwood. Dealer's putting Sold signs on the dash: 1/2, 1/3, etc., for when people pick them up.

Cheers!

12. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks Maggie. Perhaps my choice to hold onto my 1000th post worked against me. We're pretty close on the post counts. I think you went through your number 1000 during this contest too.

I had a good laugh at all the Prius Chick posts too, but my face is still mine and I didn't want anyone to lose track of that.

Maybe Danny will give us both PriusChat T-shirts... :)

13. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

well, if I were to get a T-shirt, I would like one with your face on it :lol: