1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bill Nye the Science Guy Wants You!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gas hater, Feb 14, 2006.

1. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

I'm posted too! Just received notice.... It appears that I am only Pri Gen 2 in Georgia posted at the moment.

http://go.ucsusa.org/hybridcenter/whosgot.cfm?s=GA&m=6

(BTW Windstrings, you may not be able to see in the photo, but mine is Zaino'd too)

If you are not posted yet, they are doing it in batches

From my received email:

Hi there, apologies for the group email, but we're posting pictures and testimonials in batches, so I am sending out confirmations in the same way.

I just wanted to let you know that your picture and testimonial has been added to the HybridCenter.org Who's Got Hybrids? section, and to thank you for taking the time out to make this a full and useful feature. We are awaiting the shipment of our new HybridCenter window stickers from the printer, and will put one in the mail to you as soon as we get them in. Please go online and take a look and email me at this address if you have any questions.

In the meantime, please note that we are always happy to have you make changes to your testimonials over time if you'd like. If you have something more to say about how your hybrid is performing (good or bad), let us know. Is your neighborhood more hilly and does that affect performance? Any tips to help boost fuel economy? Any personal records for a tank of gas? Did you take advantage of any federal, state, or local hybrid incentives? How do you talk to others about your hybrid? All that, and anything else that might help the public and policymakers understand why you went hybrid, and what that might mean to them, are very much welcome. Just email me any chances to this address and I'll make those changes.

Thanks once again for helping us toward our goal of 1000 hybrids by Earth Day. If you haven't gotten a chance to spread the word, click here to do so (you can tell folks to go check you out on the HybridCenter now!).

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    *sigh*

im still not there...

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like 5 from WA so far. I see Henry there and somehow I made it in too, in post position. Go figure.

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i wonder if they dont want another one from Olympia... i guess i could say i was from Lacey...ooops oh wait...i gave them my address...all for a sticker... dont even know what the sticker looks like...

bummer

5. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem. I don't need the sticker. Happy to send it to you when I get it if you aren't listed soon.

6. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nada yet. Still hope - there's about a month left until April 22. :(

Are they going to hit 1,000?

And too bad they're not saying Prius "HSD" instead of Gen 2.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am SO wary of giving my name and address to a web site!!! Danny does not ask us for our real name and address, and look at all we get (information, communication, etc.) by being on PC. I always figure if they offer you some little gift for your name and address it's so they can sell it to a million junk mailers, or at the very least, clog your mailbox with begging letters.

Anyway, I like to keep my windows clear so I can see out of them. I'd be happy to send them a picture and support the promotion of alternative technology (I'd even take a picture for the purpose) but they ain't getting my mailing address.

8. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, it can be a little odd giving away your address... luckily i'm moving in 2.5 months! They can sell my address all they want. as it is, we get junk mail at the house buy the truck load, so a few more won't hurt.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i am not wary at all. unfortunately, since i make about 100% of my purchases by credit card, my address is not a secret in anyway whatsoever, so way too late for me to start worrying about that.

i also look at the likelihood that such a site would do so... well, everyone has their price, so nothing is out of the question. this brings up an interesting subject.

everyone is entitled to their free credit report once a year from each of the 3 major credit reporting bureaus. i get a freebie from each every 3-4 months or so to spread it out so i keep better abreast of whats going on.

my latest from Transunion, dwnld'ed yesterday shows the typical for a guy with an income to debit ratio like mine (have no bills). i had 21 inquiries from the gamut of insurance, credit card, and investment companies in the past month.

what should be a simple report is 21 pages long because of these inquiries...so hiding my address would be a fruitless task. if you are worried about it, do what i do, shred everything. the increase in identity theft along with mail theft has made all offers sent thru the mail much less forthcoming with enough information to hurt you.

also, every contact you have with a company that requires ANY PART of your social security number should offer the option to create a password in place of using things like "the last 4) etc. especially since the first 3 is determined by the state you lived in when the SSN was issued, a smart thief would only need to try 99 combinations before he could steal your identity with only the very basics of knowledge about you.

10. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I never got a notice, sounds like the process is a bit loose. No problem. I haven't had any increase in the mounds of junk mail I already receive. We're already contributors to UCS and they haven't pushed us any more than usual either. No address posted, just the town.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They've been at it for a month and have only posted 158. They have a month to go before their "deadline".

They will either have to find a more efficient way of updating the website or hire more people. I registered the first day and it took them weeks to get me posted.

12. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Signed up and got the confirmation email right away.

13. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm finally posted after a month. My blurb is the same anti-gasoline use message that you've all come to know and love. :)

14. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, I posted the first day also and am still waiting to get "Pictured".

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You may have to do it again. I had to do it a second time.

16. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, I uploaded again. Let's see how long it takes!

17. mouztrpd

mouztrpd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Signed up today. Got the email notification right away.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Strange as it may seem, you can write to the Direct Marketing Association (formerly the Direct Mail Marketing Association) and inform them you do not wish to receive unsolicited advertising. I think my volume of junk mail decreased by 75% when I did that. Most of my junk mail now is addressed to Occupant. There doesn't seem to be any way to stop that stuff. I've thought of writing to the U.S.P.S. and informing them that Occupant does not live at my address.

You can Google the Direct Marketing Association for details.

19. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey!! i got my email, i am listed!@!

*edit*