1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Birds are mean

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FatSal, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Wildman

Wildman New Member

New color... Bird Crap Mist :)

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Maybe you can scare the crap out of those birds before you arrive by attaching this guy to the roof of your Prius :lol: . . .
    [​IMG]

The rotating base mounts easily to any flat surface and spins in the wind.
    Four predator/scare sounds are programmed in the unit: birds in distress, predator attack cries and wing beats from birds taking flight. A photo cell activates the sounds during daylight hours only.

Screech owl $95.00 each
    http://www.birdbusters.com/scare_bird_owl_decoy.html

Although, if your “mean birds†are crows, you may end up with twice the amount of crap on your car! Crows harass owls.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow

man oh man... i suppose you are not in favor of the newer wind generators suggested by many because they will kill less birds??

4. thecan

thecan New Member

the acid in bird poop is the worst for your paint. I am a professional painter and always recommend a good paste wax to help prevent damage. Try this if y'all ever have poopy areas that are unavoidable. 3M

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Doesn't look to me as if any mist.

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In that case how 'bout "Crap Spackle Green"?

7. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I don't think that scaring the crap out of the birds is the problem. The problem is that the crap left the birds. If only there were a device like that to scare the crap back into the birds...

:p

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oooh, ouch! That does NOT look good! Glad to hear you got it all cleaned off.

I know what kind of damage bird crap can do to the paint job of a car. I was in school for several classes and left my old Saturn sitting in the parking lot for about 5 hours baking in the 90 degree August sun. When I returned to the car, there was a gigantic pile of crap on the hood-I was seriously wondering what this bird ate to be able to crap that large amount-it ate thru the paint pretty badly, even though I took it to get cleaned immediately. :( Fortunately (?) the car was totalled 3 month later so I didn't have to worry about the way the spot on the hood looked for too long.