1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bizarre Computer Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Erick, Jul 28, 2005.

1. DieselConvert

DieselConvert Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I took delivery May 13, 2004 of my non-nav model. Last week, at 15,000 miles, air conditioning started to freeze us out of the car with outside air temp of 90 and cabin temp set at 73 (but inside temp must have been well below 70). After pulling over and shutting down for a minute or so, everything worked normally upon routine power-up. However, I downloaded the TSB in case this becomes more of a problem. This forum really makes me feel less overwhelmed by the fantastic technology we have bought into with the Prius. :D

Although we don't have nav, the MFD toggles between "consumption" and "energy" through the touch screen buttton - I thought even the 2001 models did that.

2. smtrader

smtrader Member

Got my car back yesterday...been trying it and NO problem. :D The service was smooth, they gave me no hassle and was actually completed earlier than I expected. This dealer (in Norwalk, CA) I recommend as they have always treated me well with my other Toyotas (unlike the one in Cerritos, where I live)!

I don't notice any difference with this display compared with the old one. I don't have NAV.

I hope this display will last longer than the car! :D

Thanks again for everyone's help....

Brian

3. Erick

Erick Member

That's great news - Brian. Glad it's all working. Mine hasn't done anything weird since last week so I guess it's just a waiting game for me...

4. smtrader

smtrader Member

If I were you, Erick, I'd take it in with a copy of the TSB and just have it replaced. Do it on your time instead of when it's not convenient!

If it showed signs of malfunction, it's just a matter of time before it dies completely. And it appears to be a very simple procedure to replace the display!

Try Norwalk Toyota, off 605, if you need a better dealer to work with. Good luck...Brian

5. Erick

Erick Member

Thanks, Brian. That was the problem, I think. I took it to the dealer by my house and they aren't very good. The dealer in Santa Monica (by my work) rocks. Next time I am taking it there...