1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black BC (grey int) 9/17, Carson Toyota

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Cris Lombardi, Apr 6, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Small problem there, big problem possibly for Dianne. Other than the time involved in setting and maintaining/updating a list like that, she would probably need 300 people's permission to put their name on a website. Some might, some won't. Other than this site, I don't know Dianne from Adam, as the saying goes. But, to echo a sentiment that's been shared many times on this site, she's done more to inform people, many of which are never going to step foot in her dealership (such as me). I'd rather not add to her workload.

2. Cris Lombardi

Cris Lombardi New Member

My suggestion about publishing the waitlist was actually meant to lighten Dianne"s workload. Instead of having to field countless emails and phonecalls from frustrated waitlisted customers, she could refer them to the list. I do think this would take some of the pressure off! And just to clarify, I'm only talking about the people on Dianne's waitlist, not everyone in SoCal who's waiting for a Prius!

Last Fall, Carson Toyota did have such a list on their website, though it wasn't ranked in order of wait. Everyone was assigned a code #, so no permission was needed to list names. For some reason, Carson took the list off their site late last year.

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

You know them better than I do, so I'll just go with it. However, if Dianne were sneaky and unscroupulous (I know she isn't), she could just generate a random list of say, 500 code #'s that don't apply to anyone and sell them to whomever she wishes at whatever price she could get.

4. Cris Lombardi

Cris Lombardi New Member

Well, time for my monthly update..

Order Placed: 9/17/03
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State):Carson Toyota, Ca
    Timeframe given for delivery:None given
    Color:Black with grey int.
    Option Package: BC #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 27th as of 6/16/04

Entering my 10th month of wait.. Dianne clarified that I'm actually 39th on the list, but 27th for a BC. Looks like I'll be getting a 2005 model that I ordered in 2003. If I can wait that long.

Something new I found out this month: when Dianne tells us about the twice-monthly allocations, she doesn't get all of the Priuses that come through her dealership. A certain # are sold "retail", not fleet, at market price, $4000-6000 over MSRP. This wasn't a fun thing to find out, as I had assumed that she was getting all the Priuses. Dianne assured me that she does get cars with each allocation, but didn't specify a percent. Based on my place in line last month, she must have gotten around 7 or 8 in the past month's allocation. Doing a little math here, if you're at the bottom of Dianne's list your wait will be just about 4 1/2 years!

Of course, that assumes that she'll keep getting this many cars every month. And most months haven't been this good. OK, maybe make it 6 years!

Alright, sorry. I'm just in a sarcastic mood right now.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dianne was up front with me about her dealership's practice when I inquired from her regarding placing an order for a Prius or a Highlander Hybrid. Truth of the matter is that she no longer accepts Prius orders and her Highlander list is a mile long.

Too bad I did not know about your predicament last week. My car broker called me Friday morning to advise me that the car which I ordered in mid October is finally here. The only problem is that I ordered a Tideland Pearl (before I learned that there was no resemblance between the color patch in the brochure and the actual color of the car) with Salsa Red and Seaside Pearl as alternate colors and "my" car, as received by the dealership was Black. Even though I waited eight months and the car was still going to be sold at MSRP, I passed. I believe that she took delivery of the car and sold it to another one of her customers. There is no way that I am willing to drive a black car in the summer months in the San Fernando Valley without having covered parking at work. Besides, I do not want to drive a year old car in three months.

The dealer that my broker dealt with also allocates more car to the retail side, which gets their pick of the car allocations and where they charge and receive a hefty premium, than to the fleet side. I was not aware of that little detail when I placed my order.

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

and....

Cris, I am somewhat surprised that you did not explain WHY it is that I do not get every Prius that goes to the dealership. Why did you choose to post what you did? You had a pretty good explanation from me as to why I do not get every car that goes to the store. Want me to elaborate - again?

It's as if you think I am not reading here.

I post here as to the allocation for all of SoCal. I do not post what I get at all. Not anymore. It caused far too much confusion.

You could really help your own wait with a flexibility for color.

7. Cris Lombardi

Cris Lombardi New Member

Honestly, I didn't intend to post anything deceptive or incomplete. Not having bought a new car for many years, I didn't know that the "fleet" and "retail" divisions at the dealership have to divvy up Prius allocations between them. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I wasn't aware of it. I thought that Prius sales was a responsibility that had been assigned to you alone. Hence the confusion. This was a topic that hadn't come up before and I thought it was worth mentioning.
    As for my prediction of a 6 year wait.. well I did say that I was in a sarcastic mood! Obviously there's no way of knowing how this situation will resolve itself.
    I'm not exactly sure what I said to deserve a slap on the wrist.