1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black/Bisque or Magnetic Gray/Dark Gray

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by sillyzippy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. sillyzippy

sillyzippy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey All,

I'm excited to be buying a new Prius V, Five with AT package soon. Since I plan to have this car for a LONG time I want to be sure I make the right color selection. I'm trying to choose between Black/Bisque or Magnetic Gray/Dark Gray. I'm leaning towards Black/Bisque because I really want a lighter tan interior, but any thoughts are welcome.

Will Black/Bisque be substantially hotter?
    Will Black/Bisque be substantially harder to keep clean?
    Do the the Bisque/Dark Gray materials appear any better or worse that you've seen. Or does either wear better over time?

So subjective, I know. But I thought I'd throw it out there!!

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because you're getting the Prius v Five with the Softex interior, I'd go with the Black/Bisque. I would also get BLACK carpet mats with any Bisque colored interior. Between the Softex interior and the black carpet mats, I think you'll be pretty good in terms of showing dirt.

If you weren't going with the Five with Softex interior, I'd go with a Dark Gray interior.

3. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mike, call me!
    I have both available! :D

I'll check in for resale value, but if you keep it a long time, it won't matter that much about color... condition will matter most.

Gray/gray will always be far easier to sell used than anything black... especially with a tan interior!

My 2cents worth!

4. mtngenr

mtngenr New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I bought the black/bisque in November. Love it. I thought I would never get another black car, but if you use Zaino Brothers products keeps the car looking awesome. I tinted the windows so it wouldn't get so hot also.

5. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I got a white v5 with bisque interior and was surprised to find that the carpets were charcoal, not tan . . . except the carpet in the cargo area is tan. I got a charcoal cargo mat to match the carpet in the rest of the car and it looks great.

As far as the OP's original questions, I find that black is a hard color to keep clean-looking and it is more prone to fading than other colors. Also, I do think that black is hotter in the summer. Even with a white car I always use a windshield shade and have tinted windows, just to help keep the interior cool.

I've had good luck buying the color combinations used in Toyota and Lexus ads and brochure covers. Lately they've used white/bisque and that's what we got. I think it looks great.