1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black must be beautiful!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lefat1, Oct 23, 2007.

1. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Lefat, I just nabbed the closest thing to what you're looking for for one of my customers. Touring pkg 5 was heading to a dealer in North GA, but I had a customer who wanted exactly what you do (black touring pkg 6). We got a deposit on the pkg 5 and are adding leather to it at the port when it arrives. Sorry you keep having to wait. I know there's a black pkg 3 touring available...but that's about it for now. just special order one and wait a few months.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think skguh meant start to rise dramatically like they have been rather than slowly like they are right now.

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freke70 @ Oct 25 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]530153[/snapback]</div>
    i put a deposit on one 9/16/07, but the sales manager says we just sit and wait and do what you did, nab one from one of the allotment for SET
    thanks

4. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 25 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]530167[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, it's like the proverbial frog in the freezer. The water temp changes slowly and, before they know it, they've froze to death!

I paid over $3.00/gal from March through mid-May this year for Regular--and my truck hated Regular! I think $3.09 is the most I paid locally and it went up as I drove north. I's what pushed me towards a gas sipper. It'll go back up, too. I know, I know everyone pays more, but it's Cost of Living relevance.

That, and documentaries like, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and "Addicted to Oil," and others. I'm tired of paying Big Oil triple and quadruple profit margins with no incentives to change. It's my personal little rebellion.

This isn't a thread about venting on the Freakonomics of oil--just my personal tirade. You'll be happy to know that I started this response a half hour ago and have been erasing my content!

Back to Lefat1's point: I ordered a white Touring model, dark leather, loaded #6 back in May of this year. I got a 2008 delivered the 12th of this month. My guess is that the models being delivered NOW were on the line back in May or June (Can anyone tell me how to read the manufacturing date from my VIN?)...

[​IMG]

5. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    when u say ordered, what exactly happens? i put a deposit down sept 16th. dealer says they dont make one in japan for you, instead if any come to the SET region (GA, FL, NC, SC, AL), they will request it and hope we get it. you being in AL must have had a similar story.

6. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 25 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]530198[/snapback]</div>
    Check your e-mail....

7. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Decoding Your VIN on AutoInsuranceTips

8. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 25 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]530167[/snapback]</div>
    Up is still up. Each month seems to reach a new price record high. In the S.F. Bay Area, we seem to be leading the U.S. national prices every month, so maybe I have become accustomed to high gas prices.

9. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Oct 23 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]529358[/snapback]</div>

My local dealer found a Touring Edition about a hundred miles away in another dealership. That was how I got mine. I had the dealer install a 'Bone' color leather interior because I didn't want the stock 2007 leather colors, Tan Mud or Grey Mud. Mine looks awesome. The black is evidently not as popular despite people like you and I who think its the only color choice worth owning. I opted to avoid the factory Nav for a Garmin 660. The Garmin can be updated free on line, and you can carry it with you when you go on trips. The factory system requires you to buy updates in the form of the CD with the updated maps on it, cost each update $ 200.00 Buckaroos and up. The only thing I don't love about the Prius is the cheap plastic hub caps. A nice sharp set of alloys would have been more appropriate, especially for the Touring Edition.