1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black Prius is the most popular

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by JackDodge, May 10, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 17 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]256966[/snapback]</div>
    I was just at my dealer's website to schedule an appointment and noticed that they have a couple of Priuses in stock! One's a package 8 in Barcelona Red and the other is a package two in black! No waiting in the Detroit area it seems although I'm starting to see more on the road. This morning, I drove part of the way to work with a red Prius that kept passing me. Rookie :rolleyes:

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 17 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]256975[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't mind the wait, although I must admit that at the end I was struck with PAS. :) The months I waited allowed me to save up several thousand $ to use as a down payment in addition to the deposit. And I got to put some more miles on the ole Saturn in the meantime, getting it up to almost 180K.

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goofa @ May 15 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]255760[/snapback]</div>
    Just placed an order for a Magnetic Gray on Monday. Haven't seen it in person yet either but the photos are great and I can get the dark grey interior this time whcih I couldn't get with the Tideland Pearl last year.

I will agree with the generalconcensus that Black is a super color for the Prius, I just didn't necessarily want another black vehicle as my truck is already black.

That said, Black may be the most "popular" or admired Prius color, but the Silver is by far the most common. I swear for every Prius I see in any other color, I see another one in Silver. It's just way too common.

4. wishes

wishes New Member

I'm still waiting for my black Prius. My salesman called me today and said it's a hard color to get and to give him another color choice so that i could get it sooner. Problem is, I don't like the Prius in any color BUT black (gray MAYBE but not really) and I'd HATE to pay so much money for a car I'm not 100% satisfied with. Don't know what to do except wait.

Has anyone else had to wait a lot longer becase they were holding out for a black?

5. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ May 20 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]258658[/snapback]</div>
    When I got mine apparently no one would take a black one, much less put it first on their list.

The only guy ahead of me on the list looking for a black would only take a grey interior, and I wanted tan, so I got mine first. There were a lot of people still holding out for other colors when I picked it up.

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ May 20 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]258658[/snapback]</div>
    When I ordered mine, the salesguy told me that the Black #8 with beige/bisque leather interior was a very hot color combo and I might have quite a wait ahead of me, and did I want to maybe order it with the gray interior or a different color exterior. No!!! :lol: I was something like #15 on the list, but there were 2 people ahead of me who had ordered the same exact car as me (color combo + package#), hence the 5.5 month wait.

7. Djsight

Djsight New Member

8. wishes

wishes New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 24 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]260524[/snapback]</div>
    How long would you have had to wait (or how sooner would you have gotten the car I should say), if you accepted the grey interior?

I'm hoping the car that comes has grey interior as that's what I want (I think it looks nice with the black exterior). I feel like the beige would get dirty/stain easily.

9. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Ducks @ May 24 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]260532[/snapback]</div>
    Lucky you Tony, just what I want except I'll pass on the leather.

I haven't seen the Magnetic Gray in person yet, but the photos I've seen are excellent. It looks like a nice rich carbon or graphite gray.

I like my Tideland Pearl, it's more gray and less green than I anticipated, but it's a good color, but can't get any more. I waited extra for the Tideland, I could have had a Silver one nearly 2 months earlier and passed because it is just to common.

This time, my primary motivation is simply taking deliver prior to the end of September for the tax credit, so I'm thinking I should be okay to get what I want.