1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black Prius with Blacked Out Headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SRPrius, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SRPrius

SRPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey guys, I was thinking of blacking out my headlights on my black 2014 Prius IV, but I haven't found any pictures of people doing it. I wanted to get an idea of what im getting myself into, so if anyone has done it or has a picture of one done I'd love to see! Thanks in advance!

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll need to get a sense of how much leeway the local LEOs will give you with equipment.

I can tell you that in some communities, the po-po LOVES IT when people do stuff like black out headlights because it gives them a great excuse to yoke a car thusly equipped whenever they just want to have a looky-see inside.

You may want to consider getting a spare set of headlamps before you go exploring in "Non-DOT-compliant" land.

Good News: Caly does recreational pot now, so that gives LEO one less thing to write you for.
    Bad News: With all of the add-on fees, even a parking ticket in your state can be rather expensive.

Good Luck!
    If you do it?
    Post pics.