1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black rubber floor mat or the oem carpet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffrimerman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I want to replace the driver side mat and the rubber one seems super easy to maintain. Has anyone swapped them out for the rubber ones? I wish there was a way to order just the driver side oem carpet mat since that's the one that 90% of the time gets worn out.

edit: quick question. I have a tan 2005 prius, are my mats color Bisque? I see it listed as 2006-2009 for that color.

2. theshark

theshark Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. caymandiver75

caymandiver75 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm i the same boat. My floor mats are in great condition except for the driver mat. I really want to replace it, but don't want to dish out over $100 for a full set.

4. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wish there was a universal repair. Something like a roundish piece of rubber that could mount to the worn out part of the carpet that would look stock. A heel rest if you will.

caymandiver75 likes this.
  5. Jamesb93612

Jamesb93612 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought the OEM rubber mats for the front and they are crap! The rubber on the drivers side is shaving off from where my shoe touches it. I have only had them for about a year. I think I will replace them with an aftermarket type like WeatherTech or something similar.

iPad ? HD

6. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OEM rubber mats are crap. Mine had a hole in it within 6 months.

7. willchu

willchu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I also bought weather tech floor liners from eBay and it is great! My feet don't slip and it doesn't move around on the floor. Easy to clean, just wipe with rag if its wet. No mo odor from wet carpets!

8. turnbowm

turnbowm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bisque interior and the floor mats were badly stained after 5 years. Replaced them with new ones and bought OEM black rubber mats (revised) to protect them. No problem whatsoever with the rubber mats after 6 months. One side benefit with the rubber mats on top of the carpeted mats is a noticeable reduction in road noise.