1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry Tour (new phone) and Sync'ing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by drspielman, Jul 23, 2009.

1. drspielman

drspielman Grand Master Chief

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Guys,

I am picking up my 2010 V this Saturday and a new Blackberry Tour (for Sprint) tomorrow...though the phone officially releases August 2nd. I wanted to know if anyone knows about sync'ing this phone to the car (with Navigation) as well as streaming music?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I've had my Tour from Sprint over a week now and it sync'd up with no problems. Also sent over the phonebook no problems. I haven't tried the streaming music yet, but Rick tried it with his Bold and it worked just fine so I would see no problems with it...

BTW, the Tour was available 12am, June 12th for ordering on their website, it was only in stores that availability was not until August... It's yet another great blackberry, you'll love it! :)

3. Gray

Gray New Member

Model:
    III
    I have a 8830 and have synced phone and music, but not at the same time. When I synced the phone, it didn't connect for music. When I connected for music it didn't connect for the phone.

I was able to transfer my whole phone book. I have a second phone and connected it and found out each phone has a separate phone book. Also the navi seems to have a third contact book.

Has anyone connected phone and music at the same time?

4. viprius

viprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think both phone and music player (One device) cannot work together. At least this is my experience.

I have iPhone 3Gs and I had to connect my iPhone once as a phone and once as a music player.

Now when I am playing music via BT and I get a call, as expected the phone takes over the control. After the call I expect my music streaming to continue via BT, but what
    I see is, my music plays only through the iPhone and not via car's BT.

Anybody else has similar experience. Any fix for this?