1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackrock changes direction

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Feb 4, 2020.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: BlackRock C.E.O. Larry Fink: Climate Crisis Will Reshape Finance - The New York Times

Laurence D. Fink, the founder and chief executive of BlackRock, announced Tuesday that his firm would make investment decisions with environmental sustainability as a core goal.
    . . .
    The firm, he wrote, would also introduce new funds that shun fossil fuel-oriented stocks, move more aggressively to vote against management teams that are not making progress on sustainability, and press companies to disclose plans “for operating under a scenario where the Paris Agreement’s goal of limiting global warming to less than two degrees is fully realized.”
    . . .
    Still, Mr. Fink made plain that while he intends for the firm to consider climate risks, he would not pursue an across-the-board sale of energy companies that produce fossil fuels. Because of its sheer size, BlackRock will remain one of the world’s largest investors in fossil-fuel companies.

Bob Wilson

#1 bwilson4web, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i read this a few days ago as marketing

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I saw it as evidence for the recent TSLA price increase. Yes there is a SHORT squeeze going on. But there is a viable hypothesis that institutional funds have gotten a clue.

Bob Wilson

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I only wish I had sold exxon twenty dollars ago
    Some big fund dumped them yesterday