1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackvue 750s dash cam install...

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Insighter, Mar 7, 2018.

1. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The first year is free! but after its $10monthly... but i would say its worth it if i dont have to fiddle with SD cards and such worrying about something failing :eek:

Wuzki likes this.
  2. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I think its 1440 on the behind facing camera in the cabin and 4k on the front lens. All the little features add up which make it a killer deal for its cost, and it being minimal and a nice design makes it worth the while (y)

It is illegal to have a dash cam where thats at? Well i wouldnt worry about that too much since a cop isnt gonna pull you over for a dash cam.. atleast i dont think :(

the screen is always on when youre driving and when youre not the screen will be off. but from another review video I saw you can dim it all the way low when youre driving so you dont see the screen, which was cool because i wouldnt want to see the screen on all the time.

3. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A wireless battery that powers the dashcam? never herd of something like that! unless i didnt understand your question correctly :eek:

4. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I did some more research after I posted. It's 1440 on the front, but only 720 on the back. I don't think it's very likely they'd pull you over for a dash cam, but they might tack it on to a ticket. And I'll bet cops don't like dash cams when they see them. In California, you can't record someone without their permission (audio). However, I would argue that because cops wear body cameras, the right to record them is implicit. If the screen stays on, that is much more likely to get you pulled over. How much trouble is it to dim each time?

5. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    dang! so only 1440. I do not know why they said 4k.. maybe you can adjust the quality but i can see that 4k would take forver to read and write and a 1440 would read and write faster. but i would say 1440 is still really good! :X3:

I saw that its within the settings on your phone. kinda like your phone you can dim manually or have it auto adjust so its a set it and forget it type of deal. im going to do research on the dash cam in cali because i never herd of much on it :eek:

6. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Also found this article on placement of dashcams in state of cali and law as of 2018 January 29th.

Is It Legal to Use a Car Dash Camera in California? | Legalbeagle.com

7. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  8. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    it doesnt have to be in the center! Lower left or right, but ill still put it in center :sneaky: I never knew that their was even a law on the placement of the camera! which seems kinda silly .. i mean i would figure if its not smack dab in the middle but out of sight out of mind is my thinking

9. Wuzki

Wuzki Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Only att? Lol

10. Wuzki

Wuzki Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you don’t drive like a dick head, I don’t see a reasona to pull over for a dash cam..

11. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ahah thats why you got the dash cam to prove you wernt! but yeah i see that logic

12. PHV PLS

PHV PLS Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    On the facebook comments one of the reps said for now its AT&T! and sometime next year you'll be able to migrate it to your cellular plan. Man i should work for this company since i know alot. but i did my research before i bought :eek::X3::X3::X3:

13. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's not really the point. You never know what's going to be important to any given cop. You don't want to give them an excuse to pull you over, and you don't want to give them something to tack onto another violation. More important is the reason that it is illegal. If you get in a wreck and go to use the footage, it could easily come up that you had an illegally-placed device that could have been partially obscuring your view or diverting your attention. Also, if the screen is on (and it doesn't seem like turning it on and off is quick and easy), that is likely to get you pulled over. To a passing cop, it will look like you're watching a video or using Skype (or something like that).