1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blank Instrument Panel Display and fob removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by G Michael Evans, Jun 14, 2020.

1. G Michael Evans

G Michael Evans New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On regular occasions my 2004 Prius' instrument panel goes blank. When this happens I can't remove the fob when I push the Start/Stop Button at the time I park the Car. However, after driving forward and then backward a few inches at a time the Start/Stop button works and the fob can be removed. My mechanic says that I need a new Instrument panel Unit. However the instrument panel works on most driving trips, and the display looks fine. My worry is that having replaced the unit, I will still have the fob removal problem. The fob removal problem only exists when the display is blank.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No need to worry, once you have replaced your CM (combination meter) the car will switch off and release the fob like it always did.

Your problem with the fob not releasing is that the car is not switching off properly. Until you fix this you need to hold the power button in for 5 - 8 secs until the MFD (multi-function display) turns off, if the CM is black. Then the fob will be released also.