1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blend door actuator, air circulation actuator ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by daveyedgar, Feb 21, 2021.

1. daveyedgar

daveyedgar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

So the air blows through all the middle vents, but when pressing the buttons for defrost or for the footwell, the airflow does not change. I can switch between heat and a/c air no problem, it just blows out of the middle vents only.

I am aware that it could be the blend door actuator, but for the '08, does this control hot/cold air only or does it also control the directional flow to the different vents?

I noticed an actuator on the outer side of the glove box, what is this actuator?

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There are three air door actuators on the Heating Venting Air Conditioning system. One is the temperature "blend" door (hot or cold), next is the "mode" control (directs airflow to different outlet ducts- dash vent, floor, or defrost). Both of these actuators are on the left or driver's side of the HVAC housing.

Last is the "recirculation" door which controls whether the air going into the HVAC comes from inside or outside the car. This is the actuator you can see past the glove box.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.