1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blew a friend's mind

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by citroenjohn, Apr 21, 2013.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah...infact I respect them for it. I don't really care if someone disagree's or agrees with me on any given issue. It's just when I wasn't a Prius owner, they obviously felt much more open to telling me why I shouldn't become one.

"They" have been advising me against Prius ownership since I first started to mention my interest in Prius. If suddenly they "loved" Prius? I wouldn't trust that reaction.

Just for me? I'm not going to take them on one Thrifty Hybrid gas saving ride and "blow their minds" away. For me? With this contingent of friends (I also know people who love Hybrids)....with this contingent of friends, the battle will be long.

If I can demonstrate that not only am I saving gas with The Prius, but it ALSO is a viable and reliable vehicle over the course of years? Then I'll make headway.

They're stubborn, I'm stubborn, and it's probably why we are friends. Yes, at this point the hypothetical debate about "Prius" ends. Now I just own and drive one. Reality will either show my research and feelings about owning a Hybrid were correct and valid, or their feelings and ideas about owning a hybrid were correct.

LOL! The misconceptions they originally had? Basically all I have to have happen is get a relatively normal amount of reliability from the vehicle and NOT have the hybrid traction battery die, at a cost of multiple thousands of dollars, in the next 3 years.

Since I live in Oregon and Oregon is a CARB state. I can win this silent debate easily. I've got 10 years and 150,000 miles to "blow their minds away".

2. Netineti

Netineti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Heh, just look at the original prius and see how many are still out there and functional. It's been 8 years right? My mom has had her hybrid (Honda insight ) for 3.