1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blind Spot mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MPGnutcase, Jul 3, 2013.

1. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    this is what I use..... wide angle mirrors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j12piprius, adizon and DC919 like this.
  2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol, you've got the Euro side angle mirrors which are standard here. I guess they're not legal for you as they don't remind you about objects being closer but they actually work well.

3. DC919

DC919 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I tried several versions till I found this one at AutoZone for around $5 and it swivels/turns so you can maximize the viewing angle. Still it would be nice to have a blind-spot warning system as others have mentioned.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

mrbigh likes this.
  4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    nice find...;)

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    DC919, two things regarding the first image...

WTH (heck), this pic was snapped while the vehicle was in motion. Put down the camera/phone and concentrate on driving. :eek:

The placement of the blindspot mirror on the inside of the side mirror shows a field of view that's narrower than the side mirror itself. Unless your goal was to admire the side of your car while you drive? :confused:

6. DC919

DC919 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know, probably not the safest thing to do taking a pic while driving. :unsure: As far as the actual field of view little or none of the vehicle is visible from where my head is. The camera gave a false field of view as it was placed low and next to the window. One of the first convex round mirrors I tried was placed on the far outside but was rather distracting I found. I think the ideal solution would be to do what the previous poster "bino" did and get a right hand drive (Japan/UK) mirror glass since it would be the same as my current passenger mirror with the whole field of view being a wide angle.

adizon likes this.