1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blinking gas light is still going off?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tracysbeans, Jun 26, 2012.

1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Hi! For the first time since I have had my 2006 I accidently got to the blinking gas light. I put just $10 in it because someone in a couple days is giving me a gas card. So I'm waiting for that before I add more and fill up. I won't be even driving it more than a couple blocks before I get the gas card. (I work at home :D )

However, after $10 of gas was added my gas light is still blinking. Is there anything I should do about it or it just needs more gas before it goes away? If fills like to gas was added BUT I have the receipt from putting $10 into it.

I would appreciate any help! Tracy

2. MandiRocker

MandiRocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know in my 2nd gen you have to put 3-3.5 gal of gas in before the light will go out. I assume the C is similar to this rule. :)

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok, so I'm ok then to just drive it like that for another day? I will only be driving a few blocks.

So once I get more gas in it then it will stop blinking?

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes.

The GenII requires 3ga during a single fill to register as a fillup.