1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blizzard Pearl paint chip repair

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by njmurvin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife dinged up (about 10 chips) the top of the rear bumper of her 2013 BP Persona Edition loading an antique sink into the back with a friend. I plan to purchase a bumper protector to cover some of the damage, but about 1/2 of the chips are on the front edge of the bumper and will still be exposed even with the protector in place. So, I have read about Dr. Colorchip and Langka methods of chip repair. Does anyone have experience with either of these solutions with Blizzard Pearl paint? I would probably just purchase the Dr. Colorchip kit. But, they have a big disclaimer on this color about matching the 3 stage paint - which concerns me that it might not be such a great match. Is it better to purchase the base and pearl touch-up colors from the dealer and use the Langka method or is the Dr. Colorchip a close enough match?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yikes, we have a mover's blanket in the cargo area of our Prius. That would've been good to have draped out over the bumper as protection.

The only good solution is to get the bumper cover repainted.

3. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    She supposedly used a blanket (too thin obviously). I think something sharp was hanging down, penetrated the blanket and caught the bumper. Of course, last resort is to paint the bumper. But, I'd like to see how well these paint repair solutions really work. We knew the risks of trying to match blizzard pearl when we bought the car (our second in that color), but that's the color she likes.