1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blizzard pearl popular?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Engelz, Oct 22, 2009.

1. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hate white cars but love the blizzard pearl but ultimately opted against it for a few reasons:
    -if you ever need a paint job it's going to cost mire AND the color is ridiculously hard to match.
    -where I live this color is very popular and I like to stand out a bit
    -the dealer actually told me that Toyota has had safety issues w/ their silver and white in terms of accidents, as drivers report difficult seeing cars that are these colors...strange.

2. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Too bad Toyota dropped the Silver Pine Metallic paint scheme when they introduced the Prius 3G. I really like the look on my 2G.

Maybe they will re-introduce it on later models, when I'm ready to trade.

1 person likes this.
  3. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Spinn,

I'm sure you were told that by the dealer because I've heard all sorts of goofy things come out of my salesmen's mouths. Having said that, it doesn't make sense -- especially since they're the two most popular colors out there right now.

In fact, I believe that darker cars are traditionally more difficult to see, especially at night time. It seems to me the only time a light colored car would be more difficult would be in fog or snow.

4. Jim Calvert

Jim Calvert New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In a poll taken in May 2009 in this forum, 110 people ranked color preferences as follows:

Most Votes: Blue Ribbon Metallic, 27 votes
    2nd: Blizzard Pearl, 23 votes
    3rd: Classic Silver Metallic, 19 votes
    4th: Barcelona Red Metallic, 15 votes
    5th: Winter Gray Metallic, 13 votes
    6th: Black, 7 votes
    7th: Sandy Beach Metallic, 6 votes

Jim

5. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, we didn't want a "white" car, there are sooo many on the road already around here. But with no Silver Pine Mica anymore and although the red is really groovy, the darker colors seem harder to keep clean. The Blizz has a deep sheen that we've grown to love.

6. macdonald

macdonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Black paint used on Model Ts. Henry Ford preferred black paint at the time because it dried faster than other colors, so it kept the assembly line moving right along. Of course he famously said you can have a car any color you want as long as it's black, but that was the reason. I read this in Douglas Brinkley's Wheels for the World: Henry Ford, His Company, and a Century of Progress.