1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blizzard White vs Alpine White

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by gti303, Sep 10, 2012.

1. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

I was wondering if somone could shed some light on the diff between the 2 colors on the new PriusV. I had my heart set on the Blizzard, but its not avail locally with the Touring package...

I might have to look into the Alpine White...but I haven't seen one yet...is the Alpine white more like the BMW's white?

Or I might just take a step down and get a Luxury package just for the Blizzard :)

2. ajtozzi

ajtozzi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Alpine white is more like BMW's white meaning it does not have a pearl finish.

Good examples:

Alpine white = BMW white

Blizzard = Escalade white

3. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While I LOVE the way Blizzard Pearl looks, I didn't like paying $220. extra on my Liftback but I did since it was then the only white offered. Had Solid White been offered at no extra cost, as it was for the 2010 model, I would've chosen that. Yes, I'm cheap and for most of you, looks matter more than cost. Still, if you can get a nice white hue for no extra cost, do you really need to pay more for a more iridescent white? That's a question only you can answer.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Where is Alpine White offered? The only white that has been available in the states is Blizzard Pearl. The c comes in Super White. I'm confused. :(

5. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alpine white is probably the same paint code as super white with a different name. One member here has a super white v Five and I think I prefer it over the Blizzard Pearl on my v Five.

6. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea I think Alpine White is the same as Super White. Anyways, I'm in Canada, and Blizzard white is offered as the only white in any package above base...so thats the one i'll be getting...

7. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got my 2012 blizzard pearl Prius2 last week and that pearl color is attractive in the sun and it glows at dusk. The friends are like, 'is that Pearl paint?' Its a keeper!

8. Heikki

Heikki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your americans are lucky because both cars and options are very cheap compared to prices in Europe and especially prices in Finland.

In Finland 070 Pearl White is 836,85-844,51 Euros. Normal metallic paint is 553,97-559,94 Euros. Exact price depend on CO2 emissions.