1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Tammy Kammermann

Tammy Kammermann New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Morning all
    I bought my 2010 Prius for a mere $1700 with 201oookms on her with the agreement the PCS light was stuck on the dash. After 18mths of driving it I have finally run into a problem
    Of late check hybrid system comes up and PCS …warning lights.
    I am scared to take ut to Toyota (Australia) because I know they require an open cheque book to fix it haha
    Anyone have a rough idea what it’s gonna cost
    Thanks

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    If you have warning lights on the dash, then you likely have OBD2 codes (DTCs) stored in the ECUs, best to located a toyota hybrid compatible scanner to retrieve the codes, then post them here for additional guidance.

We have a some great members down under, hopefully they can get you sorted out with your new acquisition.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

Foxglove likes this.
  3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to Prius chat.
    Why didn't you have the car checked after you bought it to find out what the problem was?
    NOT complaining, just wondering.

I don't believe you would be under any obligation to have your car repaird at the dealership.
    Or any other place. But they could tell you what the problem is and you could possible repair it yourself.

It would be a good investment to purchase a quality OBD2 reader for the Prius, as SFO stated.