1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blowing Panel fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wileec, Sep 29, 2011.

1. wileec

wileec Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok I had this happen a while ago. My daughter unplugged her iPod from the Dice and after that I noticed no radio, the buttons on the MFD did not beep but everything ran OK until I got home. Powered the car off and it was DEAD no nothing, except hazards. Found the 15A panel fuse in the block under hood was blown replaced and we were good. FF a week or so and the same fuse goes out again, not sure what may be causing this but was hoping someone else has had this issue and has a solution that does not include paying the Toyota dealer ridiculous amounts of money to diagnose the issue and then even more ridiculous amounts to fix.

Chelsea Felker likes this.
  2. wileec

wileec Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You mean to tell me that I am the first one these symptoms have occured with?

Chelsea Felker likes this.
  3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have heard of people having electrical problems coincident with a Dice installation. Is it the Dice or its wiring? Or something else? Anyway, that is the first thing to eliminate that as the source.

Intermittent electrical problems are the absolute hardest ones to figure out. That's why no one responded, and also why, if someone has to spend hours inside your dash, they need to be compensated.

1 person likes this.
  4. elvis.donnelly

elvis.donnelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You got to check it with an expert!!!! This can lead to a damaging catatostrophe

5. wileec

wileec Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am pretty sure the Dice was a cowinsidance, but I can pay attention. Also I do not mind paying for competent work but I have not been thrilled with my Toyota shop, after they wanted more than $100 to change a head light bulb (standard halogen) a$$hat told me it was so much because they had to pull the bumper off to get to it. I lost all trust in that place at that point.
    Elvis, catastrophe? At worst the radio will stop working during a good song.

6. Chelsea Felker

Chelsea Felker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I’m having this problem now. The fuse keeps blowing. I’ve changed it 3 times now. I’m trying to test what causes it. I was thinking the battery is going so by having the smart key outside of the car too much the car saves its battery by blowing that fuse….i have zero clue though