1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blu-Logic and iPhone4

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lamontcranston, Jul 28, 2010.

1. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, gurus... see what you can make of this.

I have a Prius II with Blu-Logic. Here's the problem:

If I make a call, everything works right.

Sometimes, if I receive a call, I get the ringtone through the speaker but then the call comes from the phone. If I change the audio source to speaker, then bluetooth, then it works.

This seems to be about 75% of the time and it may be that it works when I've already made a call from the Blu-Logic and not when it doesn't.

I hypothesize that it has something to do with A2DP but that's just a suspicion. Like, if it's treated as a handsfree device first, it understands that, but when a call comes in it is treated like an A2DP device first and doesn't realize it's a handsfree device until I tell it.

I also tend to blame A2DP because my last phone didn't support it and I never had this problem, but then there are a lot of other variables involved, as my last phone was completely different in every way.

iPhone4's don't let you turn off A2DP, and the Blu-Logic doesn't seem to let you disable it either, so I can't test it.

I've tried deleting all the pairings from the Blu-Logic and forgetting all the devices from the iPhone. That didn't do much. I'm on the latest iPhone OS which made some changes to the Bluetooth stack but didn't affect this issue.

Power-cycling the phone seems to also work but that's not a great solution, power-cycling the phone every time you get in.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance :)

2. vidman

vidman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I to have issues with iPhone 3Gs with BluTooth music stream. When I enter into my 2010 Gen III, BT connects to phone....but not with media. (even though I have paired it in the past). I have to go to my iPhone and turn off BT, then turn it back on, and voila...it picks up phone and media. Why wont the dang BT in the Prius pair with BOTH methods at once? Is this an iPhone issue? BTW..where is the USB port everybody is speaking of? Thnx.

3. white2011

white2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm surprised there is so little discussion about this topic. Any updates, anyone?

The only issue I have is that sometimes when I do things with the iPhone that have nothing to do with the phone or anything else that does audio, like go into the Mail app, receive a text, or turn it on or off, the Blu Logic will interrupt the stereo sound (with silence) for about 7 seconds.

That is, it acts like it normally does when it has a good reason to do so - mutes the stereo/radio sound like when I make or receive a call, play a song on iTunes or Pandora, etc. - except in these cases it has no good reason to do so.

Anyone else get this? Any suggestions?

I'm running iOS version 4.3.5 on my iPhone4.

4. white2011

white2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just found this on the Blu Logic FAQ:

www.blulogicupdate.com/?page=faq&lang=eng

I'll try that, but have to wonder whether the phone will "ring" via Bluetooth when the phone is muted.