1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue Tooth 4 Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by monkeypox, Jul 20, 2006.

1. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

Hi
    Just a ? on my blue tooth, why does my MFD not show battery leval and sig strenth when my phone is connected???? every thing else works but that.. Am I doing any thing wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    Monks

2. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeypox @ Jul 20 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]289464[/snapback]</div>
    It's probably the phone. I have a friend with a new phone & Prius that works like yours - no battery or connection info. His phone is the bottom end Cingular bluetooth offering. Other than that , the phone works fine with the car. I have a new Verizon Razr. Verizon likes to cripple their phone so things like phone book transfer don't work. However, mine shows battery level, signal strength, home/roam, etc. on the Prius's phone screen.

- Tom

3. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

Hear ya on the Verizon! and thanks TOM!
    Cheers
    Monks

4. PatapscoPete

PatapscoPete New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeypox @ Jul 20 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]289625[/snapback]</div>
    I have a Treo 650. I get signal bars, but no battery level. all else works like a charm.

5. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PatapscoPete @ Jul 20 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]289633[/snapback]</div>
    Did you have problems linking with your 650 and Prius? I was able to link on a rental, but after deleting the rental info I haven't been able to link. (I think I have a phone bluetooth problem, but I want to check).

6. Tatania

Tatania Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok I'm missing out then. Lol I didn't know it would display that info. I have a newer phone via Cingular. A Motorola x220. Hooks up to my pc and connected right up with my car.

I also have a heck of a time getting the dialer to show up. When I hit Info on the screen and go to Telephone it keeps defaulting to Speed Dial and they are all blank. (although I did program in 4 numbers).

Time to whip out the manual I guess. :D

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Does anyone have one of the new Motorola Q smart phones? Verizon now says they support OBEX file transfer... just wondering if anyone had tried it? I'd really like to be able to load my phone book the easy way.............

8. pgoldberg

pgoldberg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stan57 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]289722[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a new guy on this board, HI :)

I have not yet been able to get my Treo 650 [verizon] to link to my Prius. I can see the Prius on the Treo, but somehow the Treo does not show up on the Prius. Is there some special magic I need to try? :rolleyes:

9. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xctraveler @ Aug 14 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]303199[/snapback]</div>
    Try making a call from the 650 while the Prius is waiting. That has worked for many. Just need to do it the first time. There are many prior posts on this and other Verizon issues...

10. PatapscoPete

PatapscoPete New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jrfaris @ Aug 14 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]303348[/snapback]</div>
    I initially had difficulty getting my Treo 650 to link to my '06 Prius. The first thing to do is download the latest Treo Upgrade (v 1.4). It's free from PalmOne, and contains an upgraded car kit. After I did that the pairing was easy. There are a couple of snags with the address upload (e.g. don't use parentheses, comas, or spaces as phone number delimiters. Dashes work just fine). Also, search this forum for Treo 650. There have been several helpful posts within the past few months.

11. pgoldberg

pgoldberg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PatapscoPete @ Aug 15 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]303499[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for the quick reply. I have the latest update 1.04 vzw according to PalmOne will play with the car again when I get out to it.