1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue tooth phone recognition

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by harold, Aug 2, 2013.

1. harold

harold Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello,

So my wife and. Both paired our iPhone 5's with our new prius v Five, no ATP. My wife, who is the main driver of the car, has no problem using her phone/Bluetooth as we set / selected her phone on the settings. Problem is when I use the car, even though my phone has been paired and is in the paired devices list, unless I manually select my phone, I can't use the Bluetooth. In my other vehicles, the vehicles Bluetooth always search and automatically connected whichever device was found, mine or hers , this one doesnt seem t search and connect, only connect what's manually selected?

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

2. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    yes, a good nav, and bluetooth radio.

3. TMosh

TMosh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Our situation is the same. Even tho both phones are listed, only one is recognised. I was told by dealer that is just the way it is. I have a 2013 v Two. When we go south for winter, we switch phones (to have an area code for summer and winter locations). I get most of phone calls, so we will have the Prius tuned to the AZ area code when go south. We, of course, turn off the bluetooth on the phone not recognized.

harold likes this.
  4. AnnieS

AnnieS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    We have two iPhones (one is a 4, the other is a 4S), and the car recognizes both. But Bluetooth must be turned on in each phone's settings.

5. McBob

McBob New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Our 4s phones are always recognized, even when we are both in the car. The last one that paired with Entune on our V5 is automatically paired. If only one person is in the car, SOMETIMES it pairs with the phone used by the driver, and sometimes it requires manual pairing by simply pressing the phone button and selecting my phone.