1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and 700p

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Blue Rhino, Jun 14, 2006.

1. scoobydrewl

scoobydrewl New Member

Can you send the address book from the 700p to your prius?

2. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scoobydrewl @ Sep 20 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]322521[/snapback]</div>
    Hi -

Sorry, I didn't see this back in September.

Yes, you can send the entire address book from the treo 700p to the prius.

However, it does have the formatting problem that the treo 650 had as well ... if your treo 700p address book phone numbers aren't formatted as expected (no characters other than "-" or numbers, I believe) then the resulting uploaded numbers won't be understood by the Prius phone book. Also you can only have one number per name in the prius phone book, so you'd need to create separate entries for each persons extra numbers. I have something like this: JohnMb Doe (for mobile), JohnHm Doe (for home), and JohnWk Doe (for work).

If I wasn't so lazy I'd write a program to do this for us ...

By the way, I read (on treocentral, in a letter posted from Palm) that they are working on a fix for the problem of Bluetooth disconnecting unexpectedly, and that it's due out early next year. Of course, the carriers decide when and if the stuff will be released to the consumer in the end.

- Marina